Ready to go alone if JD(U) walks out: BJP
Patna: Not invited by the JD(U) for the Delhi rally in support of special status to Bihar, party`s key ally BJP on Sunday said it would have been better had the event been organised under the NDA banner.
"It would have been better if the rally in Delhi would have been organised under the NDA banner as both JD(U) and BJP have equal participation in development of Bihar," actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha told reporters after addressing working committee meet here.
He, however, said the BJP agreed with the demand for special category status to Bihar and congratulated Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for making it a people`s issue.
On a question what will the BJP do if JD(U) decides to walk out of coalition over the projection of Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate and contested all the 40 parliamentary seats as pointed by JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari, Sinha said, "Though there is no chance of this but still BJP is also strong on all 40 seats in Bihar".
Earlier, former state BJP president CP Thakur had also said that the party was preparing for all 40 seats.
Cricketer-turned BJP MP from Darbhanga Kirti Azad did not find anything unusual in Tiwari`s statement and said, "Every party keeps its workers ready on all Parliamentary seats."
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi alleged that centre is discriminating with Bihar and said the people of Bihar cannot be fooled by the centre.
BJP`s deputy leader in Rajya Sabha Ravishankar Prasad alleged that the UPA was steeped in corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says