Rebel RJD leader Gulam Gaus all set to quit the party
Patna: In yet another blow to the beleaguered RJD ahead of the general elections, one of its disgruntled leader Gulam Gaus on Sunday announced his decision to quit the party in protest against denial of Lok Sabha ticket.
"I have made up my mind to quit the party for good...I never wish to return back to the RJD-fold," he told.
A sitting RJD MLC, Gaus did not rule out joining the JD(U) amid reports that he has sealed a deal with the ruling party after meeting Chief Minister Nitish Kumar earlier in the day.
He, however, denied he met Kumar to discuss about joining JD(U) on the assurance of getting a ticket to contest Madhubani parliamentary seat against RJD`s Leader of the Legislature Party in the Assembly Abdul Bari Siddique.
Gaus said that he was not ruling out contesting from Madhubani seat.
Slamming RJD supremo Lalu Prasad for distributing tickets on his whims and fancies and catering to the interests of his family and sycophants only, he said "he was clear that he will never return to the parent party for which he has been associated all his political life."
Gaus was upset with the RJD supremo for rejecting his wish to contest from Bettiah parliamentary seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad