Rebel RJD leader Gulam Gaus all set to quit the party
Patna: In yet another blow to the beleaguered RJD ahead of the general elections, one of its disgruntled leader Gulam Gaus on Sunday announced his decision to quit the party in protest against denial of Lok Sabha ticket.
"I have made up my mind to quit the party for good...I never wish to return back to the RJD-fold," he told.
A sitting RJD MLC, Gaus did not rule out joining the JD(U) amid reports that he has sealed a deal with the ruling party after meeting Chief Minister Nitish Kumar earlier in the day.
He, however, denied he met Kumar to discuss about joining JD(U) on the assurance of getting a ticket to contest Madhubani parliamentary seat against RJD`s Leader of the Legislature Party in the Assembly Abdul Bari Siddique.
Gaus said that he was not ruling out contesting from Madhubani seat.
Slamming RJD supremo Lalu Prasad for distributing tickets on his whims and fancies and catering to the interests of his family and sycophants only, he said "he was clear that he will never return to the parent party for which he has been associated all his political life."
Gaus was upset with the RJD supremo for rejecting his wish to contest from Bettiah parliamentary seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org