Rebellion brewing in Bihar unit of Youth Congress
New Delhi: A rebellion seems to be brewing in the faction-ridden Bihar unit of Youth Congress over the disqualification of the candidature of a leader, who had won the election for the President of Bihar Youth Congress with a huge margin only last month.
Youth Congress Presidents of several Lok Sabha seats of the state besides other office bearers are camping in Delhi for the last few days seeking an audience with Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, who looked after the affairs of Youth Congress and NSUI as Congress general secretary.
Sanjeev Singh had won the January 21 election for Bihar Youth Congress with a margin of around 1600 votes.
However, the Foundation of Advanced Management of Elections (FAME) which supervises Youth Congress elections, withheld declaration of the results and finally disqualified Singh on February 7 for alleged non-disclosure of a CBI case lodged against him 17 years back regarding an admission scam.
Contesting FAME`s contention, Singh`s supporters have in a memorandum to the senior Congress leaders said the basis on which the disqualification order was issued is "baseless and far from reality".
They argued that if such cases without any charge sheet could be the basis for action against one, how can FAME give clean chit to state Youth Congress Vice President Kumar Ashish, who was also allegedly booked in a question paper leak case not long before.
Kumar Ashish, however, dubs the case against him a "political conspiracy" and stresses that there was no charge sheet against him.
Asked about the controversy, the National President of Youth Congress Rajiv Satav said Sanjeev Singh has demanded a review of FAME`s decision but it is for the FAME to take a call on it.
"As far as we are concerned, FAME recommended for his disqualification and we have disqualified him. Now there is no President in Bihar Youth Congress Committee. If they have some grievance, they have to approach FAME," Satav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'