Records finding Lalu Prasad guilty reach Jharkhand HC
Ranchi: Documents ranging from FIR to lower court`s judgement that held RJD chief Lalu Prasad guilty in a fodder scam case have reached the Jharkhand High Court, a week after it admitted his petition against his conviction.
The records consisting of FIR, chargesheet, deposition of witnesses, judgement order and several other documents packed in several trunks have been moved to the High Court after Justice RR Prasad had on October 18 sought for them following Yadav`s appeal against the lower court`s verdict.
"All records have reached the high court, and hearing is likely to begin tomorrow," Yadav`s counsel and former advocate general Anil Kumar Sinha said here.
Besides appealing against the special CBI court Judge Pravas Kumar Singh`s judgement sending him to five years rigorous imprisonment and imposing a fine of Rs 25 lakh, Yadav also petitioned for bail.
"We are duty-bound to standby the lower court`s verdict, which came following evidences. We will also oppose his (Yadav`s) bail petition," said a CBI officer.
The lower court had on September 30 found Yadav and 44 others guilty in the RC20A/96 case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of RS 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury during his RJD regime in the 1990s and pronounced varying prison sentences against them on October 3.
Several other convicts have also approached the high court against the lower court`s verdict against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise