Red Ribbon Express arrives in Bihar
Patna: The `Red Ribbon Express` train, creating awareness about HIV/AIDs patients on Thursday arrived at Thakurganj railway station in Bihar`s Kishanganj district.
The train comprising three bogies with audio visual and print materials about sensitization and awareness among the people about the HIV/AIDs patients and another for awareness about non-communicable diseases, will pass through 17 stations in 16 districts in the state in the the next two months, Health Minister Ashwani Chaube told reporters here.
Bihar AIDs Control Society (BACS) Project Director Sanjeev Kumar Sinha said that district magistrates and the civil surgeons of district hospitals have been entrusted with making the journey of the Red Ribbon Express a success.
A district-level committee has been formed and four IEC mobile vans would campaign on HIV/AIDs, he said.
Sinha said that there were about 50,000 AIDS/HIV patients in Bihar of which 12,000 were being treated at present.
More than treatment, such patients needed to be treated with care and sensitivity by their families, neighbours and society in seeking treatment of the disease without fear of ostracization, he said.
Sinha said that facilities and medicines, were available at the Anti Retroviral Treatment centres in the state.
The state government has taken up with the Centre to seek transport allowance for patients in rural areas visiting ART centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!