Religious tourism holds great potential in Bihar: Muzaffar Ali
Patna: Noted film-makers Muzzafar Ali and Benoy Behl emphasised on the great potential for harnessing religious tourism in Bihar and hailed the Nitish Kumar government for taking steps to give a new shape to tourism in the state.
Ali and Behl had come to participate in two-day "Bihar Calling: A conference on Tourism, heritage & hospitality" that got off today.
Muzaffar Ali said that Bihar had rich heritage and there was tremendous scope to economically harness tourism in the state.
A Padamashri award winner, Ali hailed steps taken by the Nitish Kumar government in developing tourism in Bihar and stressed on expanding scope of hospitality to tap more domestic and foreign tourists to the state.
Benoy Behl, Budhist scholar and film-maker, echoed similar views.
Bihar Tourism minister Sunil Kumar Pintu said that Bihar was the confluence of five religions -- Hindu, Sikh, Islam, Jainism and Buddhism -- which is rare and not available in any other state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400