Religious tourism holds great potential in Bihar: Muzaffar Ali
Patna: Noted film-makers Muzzafar Ali and Benoy Behl emphasised on the great potential for harnessing religious tourism in Bihar and hailed the Nitish Kumar government for taking steps to give a new shape to tourism in the state.
Ali and Behl had come to participate in two-day "Bihar Calling: A conference on Tourism, heritage & hospitality" that got off today.
Muzaffar Ali said that Bihar had rich heritage and there was tremendous scope to economically harness tourism in the state.
A Padamashri award winner, Ali hailed steps taken by the Nitish Kumar government in developing tourism in Bihar and stressed on expanding scope of hospitality to tap more domestic and foreign tourists to the state.
Benoy Behl, Budhist scholar and film-maker, echoed similar views.
Bihar Tourism minister Sunil Kumar Pintu said that Bihar was the confluence of five religions -- Hindu, Sikh, Islam, Jainism and Buddhism -- which is rare and not available in any other state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city