Religious tourism holds great potential in Bihar: Muzaffar Ali
Patna: Noted film-makers Muzzafar Ali and Benoy Behl emphasised on the great potential for harnessing religious tourism in Bihar and hailed the Nitish Kumar government for taking steps to give a new shape to tourism in the state.
Ali and Behl had come to participate in two-day "Bihar Calling: A conference on Tourism, heritage & hospitality" that got off today.
Muzaffar Ali said that Bihar had rich heritage and there was tremendous scope to economically harness tourism in the state.
A Padamashri award winner, Ali hailed steps taken by the Nitish Kumar government in developing tourism in Bihar and stressed on expanding scope of hospitality to tap more domestic and foreign tourists to the state.
Benoy Behl, Budhist scholar and film-maker, echoed similar views.
Bihar Tourism minister Sunil Kumar Pintu said that Bihar was the confluence of five religions -- Hindu, Sikh, Islam, Jainism and Buddhism -- which is rare and not available in any other state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday