Replica of Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed
New Delhi: India has assured Cambodia that a replica of the historic Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed in Bihar, citing an assurance given by the promoter of the proposed project in this regard.
The assurance came after Cambodia raised the issue following news reports that a private builder was planning to construct replica of the Angkor Wat Temple in Bihar.
"The Cambodian Government had raised the issue of the construction of a replica of Angkor Wat temple in Bihar with the Indian Mission in Cambodia," Culture Minister Kumari Selja said.
She told Rajya Sabha in a written reply that promoters of the project in Bihar have given an assurance to local authorities that they would not construct a replica of Angkor Wat.
"The Embassy of India in Cambodia has accordingly communicated to the Government of Cambodia on April 11 that the replica of Angkor Wat would not be constructed,” she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!