Replica of Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed
New Delhi: India has assured Cambodia that a replica of the historic Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed in Bihar, citing an assurance given by the promoter of the proposed project in this regard.
The assurance came after Cambodia raised the issue following news reports that a private builder was planning to construct replica of the Angkor Wat Temple in Bihar.
"The Cambodian Government had raised the issue of the construction of a replica of Angkor Wat temple in Bihar with the Indian Mission in Cambodia," Culture Minister Kumari Selja said.
She told Rajya Sabha in a written reply that promoters of the project in Bihar have given an assurance to local authorities that they would not construct a replica of Angkor Wat.
"The Embassy of India in Cambodia has accordingly communicated to the Government of Cambodia on April 11 that the replica of Angkor Wat would not be constructed,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?