Replica of Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed
New Delhi: India has assured Cambodia that a replica of the historic Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed in Bihar, citing an assurance given by the promoter of the proposed project in this regard.
The assurance came after Cambodia raised the issue following news reports that a private builder was planning to construct replica of the Angkor Wat Temple in Bihar.
"The Cambodian Government had raised the issue of the construction of a replica of Angkor Wat temple in Bihar with the Indian Mission in Cambodia," Culture Minister Kumari Selja said.
She told Rajya Sabha in a written reply that promoters of the project in Bihar have given an assurance to local authorities that they would not construct a replica of Angkor Wat.
"The Embassy of India in Cambodia has accordingly communicated to the Government of Cambodia on April 11 that the replica of Angkor Wat would not be constructed,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!