Replica of Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed
New Delhi: India has assured Cambodia that a replica of the historic Angkor Wat Temple will not be constructed in Bihar, citing an assurance given by the promoter of the proposed project in this regard.
The assurance came after Cambodia raised the issue following news reports that a private builder was planning to construct replica of the Angkor Wat Temple in Bihar.
"The Cambodian Government had raised the issue of the construction of a replica of Angkor Wat temple in Bihar with the Indian Mission in Cambodia," Culture Minister Kumari Selja said.
She told Rajya Sabha in a written reply that promoters of the project in Bihar have given an assurance to local authorities that they would not construct a replica of Angkor Wat.
"The Embassy of India in Cambodia has accordingly communicated to the Government of Cambodia on April 11 that the replica of Angkor Wat would not be constructed,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16