Reward for Bihar police officials in Rajdhani derailment
Patna: Bihar government has announced a reward to seven policemen for providing security to passengers of Bhubaneshwar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express after its derailment in Gaya a fortnight ago.
Paraiya police station officer-in-charge Triloki Mandal and six state armed police personnel were selected for their "excellent work", Additional Director General (Headquarters) P K Thakur told reporters today.
"Mandal and the SAP personnel did excellent work and reached the spot shortly after the derailment", he said.
The DGP, he said, has recommended a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to the OC while the six SAP personnel would get Rs 3,000 each.
The SAP personnel are- Balram Yadav, Yogendraji, Ishwar Deo Yadav, Arun Kumar Shukla, Chandrasekhar Prasad sinha and Udaiman Yadav.
Maoists had blown up a railway track between Kasta and Paraiya in Gaya district, leading to the derailment of ten coaches and the engine of 2445 up Bhubaneswar-New Delhi
Rajdhani Express on the night of March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter