Reward for Bihar police officials in Rajdhani derailment
Patna: Bihar government has announced a reward to seven policemen for providing security to passengers of Bhubaneshwar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express after its derailment in Gaya a fortnight ago.
Paraiya police station officer-in-charge Triloki Mandal and six state armed police personnel were selected for their "excellent work", Additional Director General (Headquarters) P K Thakur told reporters today.
"Mandal and the SAP personnel did excellent work and reached the spot shortly after the derailment", he said.
The DGP, he said, has recommended a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to the OC while the six SAP personnel would get Rs 3,000 each.
The SAP personnel are- Balram Yadav, Yogendraji, Ishwar Deo Yadav, Arun Kumar Shukla, Chandrasekhar Prasad sinha and Udaiman Yadav.
Maoists had blown up a railway track between Kasta and Paraiya in Gaya district, leading to the derailment of ten coaches and the engine of 2445 up Bhubaneswar-New Delhi
Rajdhani Express on the night of March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!