Reward for Bihar police officials in Rajdhani derailment
Patna: Bihar government has announced a reward to seven policemen for providing security to passengers of Bhubaneshwar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express after its derailment in Gaya a fortnight ago.
Paraiya police station officer-in-charge Triloki Mandal and six state armed police personnel were selected for their "excellent work", Additional Director General (Headquarters) P K Thakur told reporters today.
"Mandal and the SAP personnel did excellent work and reached the spot shortly after the derailment", he said.
The DGP, he said, has recommended a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to the OC while the six SAP personnel would get Rs 3,000 each.
The SAP personnel are- Balram Yadav, Yogendraji, Ishwar Deo Yadav, Arun Kumar Shukla, Chandrasekhar Prasad sinha and Udaiman Yadav.
Maoists had blown up a railway track between Kasta and Paraiya in Gaya district, leading to the derailment of ten coaches and the engine of 2445 up Bhubaneswar-New Delhi
Rajdhani Express on the night of March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy