Rich greetings from Treasury, Opposition on Nitish Kumar’s birthday
Patna: Cutting across party lines, legislators greeted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on his 62nd birthday on Friday.
As the CM reached the Assembly, Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary informed members about the occasion and greeted him.
Members from Treasury bench followed the Speaker and greeted the CM on his birthday by thumping their desks.
Kumar was born on March 1, 1951 in Bakhtiyarpur in rural Patna. He first became the CM of Bihar in 2000 for a brief period and has been on the seat since 2005, heading the JD(U)-BJP coalition government.
Opposition leaders also congratulated him on his birthday. The Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui, RJD chief whip in the Assembly Samrat Chaudhary and party MLC Nawal Kishore Yadav greeted Kumar on the occasion.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, chairman of the Legislative Council Awdesh Narayan Singh and all ministers congratulated the CM on his birthday.
JD(U) MLA Neeta Chaudhary requested the CM to provide permission to install five handpumps in each member`s constituency like the previous year, as a birthday gift.
The CM did not disappoint her and said that some announcements will be made for legislators during the ongoing Budget session.
Streams of people kept pouring in at the One Anne Marg residence of the CM since morning to greet him. Kumar had a group photo session with school children from Begusarai.
Accepting good wishes from everybody, the CM repeated his commitment to bring development and prosperity to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview