Rich greetings from Treasury, Opposition on Nitish Kumar’s birthday
Patna: Cutting across party lines, legislators greeted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on his 62nd birthday on Friday.
As the CM reached the Assembly, Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary informed members about the occasion and greeted him.
Members from Treasury bench followed the Speaker and greeted the CM on his birthday by thumping their desks.
Kumar was born on March 1, 1951 in Bakhtiyarpur in rural Patna. He first became the CM of Bihar in 2000 for a brief period and has been on the seat since 2005, heading the JD(U)-BJP coalition government.
Opposition leaders also congratulated him on his birthday. The Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui, RJD chief whip in the Assembly Samrat Chaudhary and party MLC Nawal Kishore Yadav greeted Kumar on the occasion.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, chairman of the Legislative Council Awdesh Narayan Singh and all ministers congratulated the CM on his birthday.
JD(U) MLA Neeta Chaudhary requested the CM to provide permission to install five handpumps in each member`s constituency like the previous year, as a birthday gift.
The CM did not disappoint her and said that some announcements will be made for legislators during the ongoing Budget session.
Streams of people kept pouring in at the One Anne Marg residence of the CM since morning to greet him. Kumar had a group photo session with school children from Begusarai.
Accepting good wishes from everybody, the CM repeated his commitment to bring development and prosperity to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation