Rich haul of gold, silver jewellery from officer`s house
Patna: Though he is a middle level state government officer, his wife has 219 golden earrings and tops which many other women would envy.
This has emerged in the detailed seizure list from raids at premises of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav on Tuesday.
The officer gifted his wife 53 rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces, all in gold, sources in Economic Offence Unit (EOU) said.
The gold jewellery weighed around 1.4 kg and was valued at Rs 38.41 lakh, the sources said.
The silver jewellery and crockery weighed 8.4 kg worth Rs 3.54 lakh.
"Recovery of such large volume of gold and silver jewellery from a modest education officer really baffled us," Inspector General of Police, EOU, Praveen Vashist said.
Yadav`s assets disproportionate to his known sources of income totalled Rs 2.29 crore which includes house, plot of land and luxury vehicles.
The officer hails from Gopalganj district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India