Rich haul of gold, silver jewellery from officer`s house
Patna: Though he is a middle level state government officer, his wife has 219 golden earrings and tops which many other women would envy.
This has emerged in the detailed seizure list from raids at premises of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav on Tuesday.
The officer gifted his wife 53 rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces, all in gold, sources in Economic Offence Unit (EOU) said.
The gold jewellery weighed around 1.4 kg and was valued at Rs 38.41 lakh, the sources said.
The silver jewellery and crockery weighed 8.4 kg worth Rs 3.54 lakh.
"Recovery of such large volume of gold and silver jewellery from a modest education officer really baffled us," Inspector General of Police, EOU, Praveen Vashist said.
Yadav`s assets disproportionate to his known sources of income totalled Rs 2.29 crore which includes house, plot of land and luxury vehicles.
The officer hails from Gopalganj district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study