Richard Gere listens to Dalai Lama for fourth day
Bodh Gaya (Bihar): Hollywood star Richard Gere looked spellbound listening to the discourses of the Dalai Lama on meditation today.
on meditation for improvement of one`s personality.
"Meditation can lead to welfare of human being," the spiritual leader said.
Gere had reached Patna on Monday without informing the state government and travelled here in a private vehicle to attend the discourses by the Dalai Lama at the Kalchakra Maidan.
A celebrity practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism, Gere reached Bodh Gaya incognito and met his spiritual guru and exchanged greetings with monks.
The Dalai Lama`s five-day teaching session organised on the occasion of the the seven-day Geluk Monlam Puja at Mahabodhi Mahavihara here will end tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, three former CMs may lose NSG security cover: Report