Richard Gere listens to Dalai Lama for fourth day
Bodh Gaya (Bihar): Hollywood star Richard Gere looked spellbound listening to the discourses of the Dalai Lama on meditation today.
on meditation for improvement of one`s personality.
"Meditation can lead to welfare of human being," the spiritual leader said.
Gere had reached Patna on Monday without informing the state government and travelled here in a private vehicle to attend the discourses by the Dalai Lama at the Kalchakra Maidan.
A celebrity practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism, Gere reached Bodh Gaya incognito and met his spiritual guru and exchanged greetings with monks.
The Dalai Lama`s five-day teaching session organised on the occasion of the the seven-day Geluk Monlam Puja at Mahabodhi Mahavihara here will end tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report