Rift in RJD-LJP alliance over Purnia bypoll
Patna: Rift surfaces in the RJD-LJP combine
after seven months of the alliance suffering serious drubbing
at the hands of ruling NDA in assembly polls in Bihar, with
the alliance failing to reach an agreement on supporting the
candidate for the Purnia assembly bypoll.
Both the RJD and LJP decided against contesting the
bypoll and have rather decided to support a secular candidate
keeping in mind the winnability factor.
Souring relations between the two opposition parties in
Bihar surfaced yesterday with the RJD leaders Ramchandra Purve
and Abdul Bari Siddiqui unilaterally announcing to support the
CPI-M nominee Amit Sarkar, son of slain CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar,
in the June 25 bypoll to Purnia assembly.
Leader of the opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui said
that RJD`s decision to support the CPI-M candidate was solely
a party decision and efforts to contact the LJP leadership on
the issue had proved futile.
"We have had no talks with LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on
the issue," he said. Siddiqui said the party`s decison to
support the CPI-M was taken to check a division of secular
votes in the bypolls in a bid to defeat the NDA nominee.
However, the RJD`s bid to check the division of
secular votes might not fructify as it`s alliance partner LJP
is apparently keen on spoorting the congress candidate, Ram
Charitra Yadav who bagged 40000 votes in the last polls and if
that happens it would be a signal of the LJP closing in with
the Congress in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead