Rift in RJD-LJP alliance widens over Purnia bypoll
Patna: The rift in the RJD-LJP alliance widened on Monday, with the LJP deciding to support Congress candidate in the bypoll to the Purnia Assembly seat ignoring
State LJP president Pashupati Kumar Paras told reporters
that his party had decided to support the Congress nominee
Ramcharitra Yadav in the Purnia assembly bypoll.
"The decision is based on the report of survey conducted
following the directive of LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan," he
said, adding even a team led by its legislature party
leader Jakir Ahmed too suggested that the trends were in
favour of Congress.
"We took the decision to avoid the split in secular votes
and also to defeat the NDA nominee," Paras said.
Both the RJD and the LJP had decided against contesting
the bypoll and will support a secular candidate with high
Souring relations between the two opposition parties
in Bihar came to the fore on Friday with RJD leaders
Ramchandra Purve and Abdul Bari Siddiqui unilaterally
announcing to support CPI(M) nominee Amit Sarkar, son of
slain CPI(M) MLA Ajit Sarkar, in the bypoll.
Paras said his party`s alliance with the RJD stood intact
and would remain in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack