Rift in RJD-LJP alliance widens over Purnia bypoll
Patna: The rift in the RJD-LJP alliance widened on Monday, with the LJP deciding to support Congress candidate in the bypoll to the Purnia Assembly seat ignoring
State LJP president Pashupati Kumar Paras told reporters
that his party had decided to support the Congress nominee
Ramcharitra Yadav in the Purnia assembly bypoll.
"The decision is based on the report of survey conducted
following the directive of LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan," he
said, adding even a team led by its legislature party
leader Jakir Ahmed too suggested that the trends were in
favour of Congress.
"We took the decision to avoid the split in secular votes
and also to defeat the NDA nominee," Paras said.
Both the RJD and the LJP had decided against contesting
the bypoll and will support a secular candidate with high
Souring relations between the two opposition parties
in Bihar came to the fore on Friday with RJD leaders
Ramchandra Purve and Abdul Bari Siddiqui unilaterally
announcing to support CPI(M) nominee Amit Sarkar, son of
slain CPI(M) MLA Ajit Sarkar, in the bypoll.
Paras said his party`s alliance with the RJD stood intact
and would remain in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read