River Ganga swells at several places in Bihar
Patna: The river Ganga has been flowing above
the danger mark at several places along its course in Bihar,
the Central Water Commission said on Monday.
The river was flowing above the danger mark at places like
Buxar, Patna, Hathidah and Bhagalpur and Kahalgaon, it said.
The water level was likely to further rise at Patna,
Hathidah, Munger, Bhagalpur, Kahalgaon and Sahebganj tomorrow,
the central water commission said.
Similarly, the Sone river was flowing above the danger
mark at Indrapuri in Rohtas district and Maner in Patna
district respectively, while Punpun and Ghaghra rivers too
have received increased flow of water, it said.
The Mahananda river was flowing above the danger mark
in Purnia and Katihar districts.
The flow of water Kamalabalan and Kosi rivers have,
however, subsided, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Will Syria gas attacks probe nail the Assad regime?
- SIT's recommendation of banning cash transactions above Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Revealed! Release date of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser
- Rio Olympics 2016: Australia's Cate Campbell swam with hernia, says report
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo