River Ganga swells at several places in Bihar
Patna: The river Ganga has been flowing above
the danger mark at several places along its course in Bihar,
the Central Water Commission said on Monday.
The river was flowing above the danger mark at places like
Buxar, Patna, Hathidah and Bhagalpur and Kahalgaon, it said.
The water level was likely to further rise at Patna,
Hathidah, Munger, Bhagalpur, Kahalgaon and Sahebganj tomorrow,
the central water commission said.
Similarly, the Sone river was flowing above the danger
mark at Indrapuri in Rohtas district and Maner in Patna
district respectively, while Punpun and Ghaghra rivers too
have received increased flow of water, it said.
The Mahananda river was flowing above the danger mark
in Purnia and Katihar districts.
The flow of water Kamalabalan and Kosi rivers have,
however, subsided, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people