River Ganga swells at several places in Bihar
Patna: The river Ganga has been flowing above
the danger mark at several places along its course in Bihar,
the Central Water Commission said on Monday.
The river was flowing above the danger mark at places like
Buxar, Patna, Hathidah and Bhagalpur and Kahalgaon, it said.
The water level was likely to further rise at Patna,
Hathidah, Munger, Bhagalpur, Kahalgaon and Sahebganj tomorrow,
the central water commission said.
Similarly, the Sone river was flowing above the danger
mark at Indrapuri in Rohtas district and Maner in Patna
district respectively, while Punpun and Ghaghra rivers too
have received increased flow of water, it said.
The Mahananda river was flowing above the danger mark
in Purnia and Katihar districts.
The flow of water Kamalabalan and Kosi rivers have,
however, subsided, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown