Rivers rising in Bihar, floods 8 villages
Patna: The flood threat in Bihar on Saturday
aggravated with some major rivers maintaining a rising trend
as flash floods caused by heavy discharge of water in
Balmikinagar Barrage inundated eight villages in West
Rajiv Kumar, Sub Divisional Officer of Bagha in the
district, said heavy discharge of 3.37 lakh cu water in
Balmikinagar barrage led to rise in water level of turbulent
Burhi Gandak inundating eight villages under Chyrahi and Sisai
Panchayats in Madhubani block.
Authorities rescued hundreds of villagers from the
affected villages and arranged shelter for them, he said.
According to a bulletin issued by the Central Water
Commission, all major rivers in Bihar were maintaining rising
trends and most of these were flowing above the red mark at
some places along their course.
While water level of Gandak was 8 cm above the danger
mark at Kadda, Bagmati and Kosi were flowing 30 cm and 36 cm
above the danger mark at Benibad and Basua, respectively, the
However, rivers like Kamalabalan and Mahananda were
flowing below the danger line.
The state disaster management department has made
elaborate arrangements for rescue and relief operations for
flood in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video