RJD accuses Nitish of not utilising welfare funds
Patna: Bihar chief opposition RJD accused Nitish Kumar on Saturday for not utilising properly funds allotted for welfare and uplift of minorities in the state during the past seven years of its rule.
RJD Secretary General Ram Kripal Yadav talking to newsmen charged Kumar with engaging in the agenda of BJP and RSS and using Muslims as merely a vote bank.
There were, he said, more than 1400 madarsas in Bihar which were on the brink of closure and the students studying in registered madarsas were not receiving post-matric stipends.
The Centre had made available Rs 5.2 crore for stipend for college students during 2007-2008 and 2010-2011 but the amount was not distributed among them.
Even Rs 18 crore made available for the purpose of students promotion scheme in 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 but not a single paise was received by the students, he said adding nothing had been done for the technical education of minorities or setting up polytechnic institutions.
Yadav also accused the state government for failing to implement multi-sectoral development schemes of the Centre in seven Muslim dominated districts.
He alleged that out of the allotment of Rs 525 crore as Multi-sectoral Development Programme for the Muslim-dominated districts of the state, the government had hardly spent Rs 13.5 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL