RJD announces new office bearers to galvanise party
Patna: In a bid to galvanise the party in
Bihar, opposition RJD on Friday announced a new list of office
bearers for various posts accommodating as many as 161 leaders.
RJD Bihar president Ramchandra Purve told newsmen that
there are 21 vice-presidents, 66 general secretaries, 65
secretaries, 6 spokespersons, one media in-charge, one chief
spokesman, one chief general secretary and one treasurer in
the reconstituted body.
Rajya Sabha MP Ram Kripal Yadav has been retained the
chief general secretary and former minister Shakeel Ahmed Khan
was the chief spokesman, he said.
The geographical and class balance had been taken into
account in the reconstitution and RJD national president Lalu
Prasad will address the newly-appointed state unit office
bearers, he said.
RJD, he said, would launch a state-wide agitation
against alleged deterioration in law and order and corruption
under the NDA government in Bihar since June onwards.
There has been a spate in crime in the state and
atrocities against dalits and weaker sections during the
second term of NDA government while there was rampant
corruption and loot of public money at the local level and
under the circumstances RJD had decided to launch the
Shortage of drinking water and electricity and the
state government`s inability to provide basic amenities to its
people will be other issues highlighted during the agitational
programme which would be held at the block and district levels
and here simultaneously, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint