RJD assails arrest of minority youths on terror charges
Patna: RJD on Tuesday assailed the arrest of minority youths from several districts of Bihar on alleged terror charges by police and investigative agencies of other states and slammed the NDA government for its silence on it.
As soon as the legislative council assembled for the business of the day, Leader of Opposition Gulam Gaus and other RJD MLCs stood up from their seats and expressed their concern over the matter.
Drawing the attention of Council Deputy Chairman Salim Parvez, Gaus demanded that he be allowed to bring an adjournment motion to discuss the arrest and persecution of the minority youths.
He also attacked the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged silence on the arrests and said it should have protested vigorously the arrest of these youths. The state government had also been silent on the murder of a Indian Mujahideen terror suspect Qateel Siddiqui, who hailed from Bihar, in Yerwada jail in Pune by its inmates.
Parvez asked Gaus to allow the house to carry out its scheduled business and said he would give time for discussion on the issues raised by Gaus.
The Deputy Chairman also rejected the adjournment motion and asked Gaus to bring up a call attention motion to discuss the issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'