RJD assails arrest of minority youths on terror charges
Patna: RJD on Tuesday assailed the arrest of minority youths from several districts of Bihar on alleged terror charges by police and investigative agencies of other states and slammed the NDA government for its silence on it.
As soon as the legislative council assembled for the business of the day, Leader of Opposition Gulam Gaus and other RJD MLCs stood up from their seats and expressed their concern over the matter.
Drawing the attention of Council Deputy Chairman Salim Parvez, Gaus demanded that he be allowed to bring an adjournment motion to discuss the arrest and persecution of the minority youths.
He also attacked the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged silence on the arrests and said it should have protested vigorously the arrest of these youths. The state government had also been silent on the murder of a Indian Mujahideen terror suspect Qateel Siddiqui, who hailed from Bihar, in Yerwada jail in Pune by its inmates.
Parvez asked Gaus to allow the house to carry out its scheduled business and said he would give time for discussion on the issues raised by Gaus.
The Deputy Chairman also rejected the adjournment motion and asked Gaus to bring up a call attention motion to discuss the issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?