RJD assails arrest of minority youths on terror charges
Patna: RJD on Tuesday assailed the arrest of minority youths from several districts of Bihar on alleged terror charges by police and investigative agencies of other states and slammed the NDA government for its silence on it.
As soon as the legislative council assembled for the business of the day, Leader of Opposition Gulam Gaus and other RJD MLCs stood up from their seats and expressed their concern over the matter.
Drawing the attention of Council Deputy Chairman Salim Parvez, Gaus demanded that he be allowed to bring an adjournment motion to discuss the arrest and persecution of the minority youths.
He also attacked the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged silence on the arrests and said it should have protested vigorously the arrest of these youths. The state government had also been silent on the murder of a Indian Mujahideen terror suspect Qateel Siddiqui, who hailed from Bihar, in Yerwada jail in Pune by its inmates.
Parvez asked Gaus to allow the house to carry out its scheduled business and said he would give time for discussion on the issues raised by Gaus.
The Deputy Chairman also rejected the adjournment motion and asked Gaus to bring up a call attention motion to discuss the issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco