RJD assails arrest of minority youths on terror charges
Patna: RJD on Tuesday assailed the arrest of minority youths from several districts of Bihar on alleged terror charges by police and investigative agencies of other states and slammed the NDA government for its silence on it.
As soon as the legislative council assembled for the business of the day, Leader of Opposition Gulam Gaus and other RJD MLCs stood up from their seats and expressed their concern over the matter.
Drawing the attention of Council Deputy Chairman Salim Parvez, Gaus demanded that he be allowed to bring an adjournment motion to discuss the arrest and persecution of the minority youths.
He also attacked the Nitish Kumar government for its alleged silence on the arrests and said it should have protested vigorously the arrest of these youths. The state government had also been silent on the murder of a Indian Mujahideen terror suspect Qateel Siddiqui, who hailed from Bihar, in Yerwada jail in Pune by its inmates.
Parvez asked Gaus to allow the house to carry out its scheduled business and said he would give time for discussion on the issues raised by Gaus.
The Deputy Chairman also rejected the adjournment motion and asked Gaus to bring up a call attention motion to discuss the issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened