RJD charges Bihar police with hushing up farmer`s death
Patna: Bihar Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique on Tuesday charged the police with hushing up the death of a farmer in lathicharge on agitators protesting acquisition of land for the Nabi Nagar power project at Aurangabad.
Siddique, who visited the protest site, in his communication to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said Ramat Prajapati`s family members had categorically claimed that he had died in the lathicharge on Saturday while demanding adequate compensation for their land acquired for the 1980 MW thermal power project of NTPC.
He questioned the motive of the police behind cremating Prajapati`s body on their own and keeping his family out of it.
He also asked Kumar to adopt a consistent and uniform compensation policy for acquisition of land for development projects, including those for the power sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation