RJD concerned over `spate in Maoist activities` in Bihar
Patna: The RJD today pooh poohed the NDA
government`s claim about an improvement in law and order
situation in Bihar and said 90 per cent of the districts were
in the grip of the Maoist scourge.
"The Naxals indulged in violence in four districts
yesterday only and as many as 35 out of 38 districts of the
state are seriously affected," RJD spokesman Shakeel Ahmed
Khan told reporters here.
The spate in the Naxal violence across the state has
taken away the gloss from the NDA government`s claim of an
improvement in law and order situation, he said and questioned
the state government`s commitment to tackle the menace.
"The state government simply does not have a will or a
policy to tackle the Naxalite activities," Khan alleged.
On Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s statement
yesterday reminding RJD supremo Lalu Prasad of his remarks
`bhura baal saaf karo` (a reference for marginalization of the
upper castes), the RJD leader said that Prasad had never made
such a comment.
"Let Modi prove the alleged utterances being
attributed to the RJD chief," Khan said, adding the fact
remained his party stood for development and welfare of all
The RJD-LJP combine has even proposed 10 per cent job
quota for the upper castes if it returns to power during the
forthcoming assembly polls, the RJD spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar