RJD condemns SIT probe in violence at `Adhikar Yatra`
Patna: Opposition RJD on Monday condemned the constitution of a special investigation team (SIT) to probe violence and arson during Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra` in Khagaria district, saying it was the people`s democratic right to protest.
"The constitution of SIT to probe protest against the Chief Minister`s political engagement in Khagaria district last month is uncalled for, as people have the democratic right to protest," Leader of Opposition in the assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui told newsmen here.
If RJD workers were among the protestors then they had `rightly exercised` their democratic right to protest, he said.
"It appears that the Chief Minister is out to settle scores with his political rivals by setting up the SIT to probe protest against him in Khagaria," he said.
If the state government really thinks that the protest was a conspiracy to threaten the life of CM then recommendation of a CBI probe would have been an appropriate action, Siddique, who is a senior RJD leader, said.
On the reports that the SIT has gathered information that some senior RJD leaders, including MPs, were in constant touch with some protesters in Khagaria district, Siddique said, a political leader was supposed to keep in touch with the party workers and communicate with them for updates.
"Let SIT prosecute JD(U) leaders and MPs if they had hatched a conspiracy against the Chief Minister and endangered his life in any way," the RJD leader said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks