RJD demands adequate security for legislators
Patna: Describing as `unfortunate` killing
of BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari, RJD on Tuesday demanded adequate
security for legislators.
"The killing of the ruling party MLA is condemnable
and unfortunate... we demand proper security for MLAs and
even ex-MLAs," state RJD chief Ramchandra Purve, General
secretaries Shakeel Ahmed Khan and Ramkripal Yadav told
Khan said the killing had exposed Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar`s claim of better law and order.
Within two months of the NDA coming to power again, a
ruling party MLA was killed and another JD(U) MLA Bima Bharati
was thrashed by her husband seriously injuring her, he said.
"A new trend of crime has emerged and in the cases
relating to kidnapping for ransom, three kidnapped schoolboys
have been killed during the month of December", Khan said and
alleged that it reflected that the state government had failed
to put a check on recurrence of such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video