RJD demands NHRC probe in custodial death case
Nawada: The RJD on Tuesday demanded
either a CBI or an NHRC probe into the alleged custodial death
case of Manoj Kumar in Bihar`s Nawada district.
The Leader of Opposition in the state assembly Abdul
Bari Siddique, who led an RJD team to the district on a fact
finding mission about the alleged custodial death, said that
the it should be probed by either the CBI or NHRC (National
Human Rights Commission).
The RJD team was told by the aggrieved family members
that the cops from Nagar police station had picked up Kumar
for a second time on January 11 for interrogation in a murder
"They killed him in a cold blooded manner before
throwing his body in a field at Meenapur badhar near a railway
line which was recovered on January 15," Siddique said quoting
Meanwhile, the Additional Director General of Police
(ADG-headquarters) Ravindra Kumar and home secretary Amir
Subhani, who were instructed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to
visit the district to conduct a high level probe into the
death, could not go there today due to unavoidable
circumstances, official sources said.
The two officials will visit Nawada district tomorrow
to probe into the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?
- How 'Dishoom' team rescued 'Freedom 251' smartphone maker Mohit Goel!