RJD demands Nitish resignation
Patna: Opposition RJD, on Friday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, due to alleged growing incidents of atrocities on dalits, backwards, the poor
Bihar RJD president Ramchandra Purve, told a sit-in organized by the party at Kargil chowk here, that the situation was such that a woman of a backward caste had occured even in Kumar`s home district Nalanda.
The woman was allegedly assaulted with hot iron rods by upper caste people at Pokharpur village in Nalanda district on September four, he said and accused Nitish Kumar government of patronizing feudal forces.
Purve criticized, the Chief Minister for not visiting the woman in the hospital even during his trip to Nalanda on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic