RJD for judicial probe into Sitamarhi lathicharge
Patna: Accusing Bihar Ministers D C Thakur
and Sahid Ali Khan of `instigating` police to lathicharge
demonstrators during the visit of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
in Sitamarhi on May 2, the RJD today demanded a judicial probe
"Thakur, Minister for Disaster Management, and Khan,
Minister for Minority Welfare, have been rude to the people
opposing the CM`s visit and instigated the police to use force
to disperse them," RJD General Secretary Ramkripal Yadav and
Opposition leader in the state legislative council Gulam Gaus
alleged at a press conference here.
They claimed that the people were angered by not
receiving adequate compensation for damages caused by a fire
in Sitamarhi on May one in which over 650 families were
They demanded that the two ministers resign owning
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation