RJD for judicial probe into Sitamarhi lathicharge
Patna: Accusing Bihar Ministers D C Thakur
and Sahid Ali Khan of `instigating` police to lathicharge
demonstrators during the visit of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
in Sitamarhi on May 2, the RJD today demanded a judicial probe
"Thakur, Minister for Disaster Management, and Khan,
Minister for Minority Welfare, have been rude to the people
opposing the CM`s visit and instigated the police to use force
to disperse them," RJD General Secretary Ramkripal Yadav and
Opposition leader in the state legislative council Gulam Gaus
alleged at a press conference here.
They claimed that the people were angered by not
receiving adequate compensation for damages caused by a fire
in Sitamarhi on May one in which over 650 families were
They demanded that the two ministers resign owning
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31