RJD gives baton of `parivartan rally` to Rabri Devi
Patna: With party president Lalu Prasad in jail, RJD on Wednesday entrusted Rabri Devi with the responsibility of leading the party in ousting the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) government from Bihar.
"In the absence of Lalu Prasad, the baton of RJD`s Parivartan rally has been given to Rabri Devi," party spokesman Randhir Yadav said in a statement.
As part of the programme, a series of Parivartan rallies across Bihar would begin from Gaya on November 18, he said.
The rally has been planned at all the divisional headquarters in the first phase after which meetings would be organised at district and assembly constituencies, the RJD spokesman said.
On November 21, a rally would be organised in Patna division at Paliganj, he said.
The rallies would be held under the supervision of a 15-member RJD team, the spokesman said adding the programme was undertaken to galvanise the people in favour of it.
Rabri Devi had been chosen by RJD leaders on October 6 to guide the party soon after Prasad was sent to jail in Jharkhand in a case related to the fodder scam.
The party had launched Parivartan rally but it was halted due to the Ranchi court order against Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends