RJD gives baton of `parivartan rally` to Rabri Devi
Patna: With party president Lalu Prasad in jail, RJD on Wednesday entrusted Rabri Devi with the responsibility of leading the party in ousting the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) government from Bihar.
"In the absence of Lalu Prasad, the baton of RJD`s Parivartan rally has been given to Rabri Devi," party spokesman Randhir Yadav said in a statement.
As part of the programme, a series of Parivartan rallies across Bihar would begin from Gaya on November 18, he said.
The rally has been planned at all the divisional headquarters in the first phase after which meetings would be organised at district and assembly constituencies, the RJD spokesman said.
On November 21, a rally would be organised in Patna division at Paliganj, he said.
The rallies would be held under the supervision of a 15-member RJD team, the spokesman said adding the programme was undertaken to galvanise the people in favour of it.
Rabri Devi had been chosen by RJD leaders on October 6 to guide the party soon after Prasad was sent to jail in Jharkhand in a case related to the fodder scam.
The party had launched Parivartan rally but it was halted due to the Ranchi court order against Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination