RJD gives baton of `parivartan rally` to Rabri Devi
Patna: With party president Lalu Prasad in jail, RJD on Wednesday entrusted Rabri Devi with the responsibility of leading the party in ousting the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) government from Bihar.
"In the absence of Lalu Prasad, the baton of RJD`s Parivartan rally has been given to Rabri Devi," party spokesman Randhir Yadav said in a statement.
As part of the programme, a series of Parivartan rallies across Bihar would begin from Gaya on November 18, he said.
The rally has been planned at all the divisional headquarters in the first phase after which meetings would be organised at district and assembly constituencies, the RJD spokesman said.
On November 21, a rally would be organised in Patna division at Paliganj, he said.
The rallies would be held under the supervision of a 15-member RJD team, the spokesman said adding the programme was undertaken to galvanise the people in favour of it.
Rabri Devi had been chosen by RJD leaders on October 6 to guide the party soon after Prasad was sent to jail in Jharkhand in a case related to the fodder scam.
The party had launched Parivartan rally but it was halted due to the Ranchi court order against Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA