RJD gives baton of `parivartan rally` to Rabri Devi
Patna: With party president Lalu Prasad in jail, RJD on Wednesday entrusted Rabri Devi with the responsibility of leading the party in ousting the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) government from Bihar.
"In the absence of Lalu Prasad, the baton of RJD`s Parivartan rally has been given to Rabri Devi," party spokesman Randhir Yadav said in a statement.
As part of the programme, a series of Parivartan rallies across Bihar would begin from Gaya on November 18, he said.
The rally has been planned at all the divisional headquarters in the first phase after which meetings would be organised at district and assembly constituencies, the RJD spokesman said.
On November 21, a rally would be organised in Patna division at Paliganj, he said.
The rallies would be held under the supervision of a 15-member RJD team, the spokesman said adding the programme was undertaken to galvanise the people in favour of it.
Rabri Devi had been chosen by RJD leaders on October 6 to guide the party soon after Prasad was sent to jail in Jharkhand in a case related to the fodder scam.
The party had launched Parivartan rally but it was halted due to the Ranchi court order against Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason