RJD, JD-U in unholy alliance due to selfish motives: Ram Kripal Yadav
New Delhi: Hitting out at RJD and JD(U), BJP leader Ram Kripal Yadav, who left Lalu Prasad`s party just before the Lok Sabha election, on Friday claimed that the "bitter opponents" had forged an "unholy" alliance in Bihar because of "selfish" motives.
"The politics of Bihar is continuously taking new turns and a new coalition seems to be appearing. Those who were bitter opponents for nearly 20-22 years have come very close. But the coming close of RJD and JD(U) is because of their selfish reasons," Yadav, who fell out with RJD chief Lalu Prasad after he gave ticket to his daughter Misa Bharti from Patliputra Lok Sabha seat, said here.
He said that while one party cannot live without power the other could not live without a family.
"They are not concerned about people or the country but only about themselves. How to solve their purpose, how to stay in power...That is why these parties have come together in an unholy alliance," he said.
Yadav said that these parties were worried after seeing the way people had voted for BJP and were fighting for survival now.
Opposition RJD in Bihar had yesterday announced support to the new JD(U) government in Bihar headed by Jitan Ram Manjhi.
Yadav, who is the newly-elected BJP MP from Patliputra, had earlier termed the Nitish Kumar resignation episode as a "drama" and had sought fresh elections in the state.
He claimed there was lot of internal dissension within the JD(U) and that the party was on the verge of disintegrating. "Even a senior leader like Sharad Yadav has been marginalised," he claimed.
To a question whether the JD(U) has played the Dalit card by making Manjhi the chief minister of Bihar, he said people have seen the rule of both JD (U) and RJD in the state and would not give them a chance again.
He also said that the JD(U) government in the state was a minority government and it appeared that there would soon be elections in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past