RJD leader killed in Bihar
Supaul: A RJD leader was on Friday killed by unidentified assailants outside his house in Supaul district of Bihar, triggering protests by party workers.
Ravindra Kumar Yadav was surrounded by some armed assailants near his house in Lohiya Nagar locality, stabbed and then beaten to death with lathis and iron rods, Superintendent of Police Sudhir Kumar Parika said.
He died on the spot.
A probe was on to find out the motive behind the murder, Parika said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection.
Yadav had unsuccessfully contested on a RJD ticket from Supaul seat in the 2010 Assembly polls. He was a member of the zila parishad for two terms.
The murder sparked off a massive protest by the party workers who took to streets and forced closure of markets in protest against the incident.
Additional policemen have been rushed to the spot to bring the law and order situation under control, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city