RJD leader killed in Bihar
Supaul: A RJD leader was on Friday killed by unidentified assailants outside his house in Supaul district of Bihar, triggering protests by party workers.
Ravindra Kumar Yadav was surrounded by some armed assailants near his house in Lohiya Nagar locality, stabbed and then beaten to death with lathis and iron rods, Superintendent of Police Sudhir Kumar Parika said.
He died on the spot.
A probe was on to find out the motive behind the murder, Parika said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection.
Yadav had unsuccessfully contested on a RJD ticket from Supaul seat in the 2010 Assembly polls. He was a member of the zila parishad for two terms.
The murder sparked off a massive protest by the party workers who took to streets and forced closure of markets in protest against the incident.
Additional policemen have been rushed to the spot to bring the law and order situation under control, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down