RJD leader killed in Bihar
Supaul: A RJD leader was on Friday killed by unidentified assailants outside his house in Supaul district of Bihar, triggering protests by party workers.
Ravindra Kumar Yadav was surrounded by some armed assailants near his house in Lohiya Nagar locality, stabbed and then beaten to death with lathis and iron rods, Superintendent of Police Sudhir Kumar Parika said.
He died on the spot.
A probe was on to find out the motive behind the murder, Parika said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection.
Yadav had unsuccessfully contested on a RJD ticket from Supaul seat in the 2010 Assembly polls. He was a member of the zila parishad for two terms.
The murder sparked off a massive protest by the party workers who took to streets and forced closure of markets in protest against the incident.
Additional policemen have been rushed to the spot to bring the law and order situation under control, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich