RJD leader killed in Bihar
Supaul: A RJD leader was on Friday killed by unidentified assailants outside his house in Supaul district of Bihar, triggering protests by party workers.
Ravindra Kumar Yadav was surrounded by some armed assailants near his house in Lohiya Nagar locality, stabbed and then beaten to death with lathis and iron rods, Superintendent of Police Sudhir Kumar Parika said.
He died on the spot.
A probe was on to find out the motive behind the murder, Parika said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection.
Yadav had unsuccessfully contested on a RJD ticket from Supaul seat in the 2010 Assembly polls. He was a member of the zila parishad for two terms.
The murder sparked off a massive protest by the party workers who took to streets and forced closure of markets in protest against the incident.
Additional policemen have been rushed to the spot to bring the law and order situation under control, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured