RJD leader killed in Bihar
Supaul: A RJD leader was on Friday killed by unidentified assailants outside his house in Supaul district of Bihar, triggering protests by party workers.
Ravindra Kumar Yadav was surrounded by some armed assailants near his house in Lohiya Nagar locality, stabbed and then beaten to death with lathis and iron rods, Superintendent of Police Sudhir Kumar Parika said.
He died on the spot.
A probe was on to find out the motive behind the murder, Parika said.
An FIR has been lodged in this connection.
Yadav had unsuccessfully contested on a RJD ticket from Supaul seat in the 2010 Assembly polls. He was a member of the zila parishad for two terms.
The murder sparked off a massive protest by the party workers who took to streets and forced closure of markets in protest against the incident.
Additional policemen have been rushed to the spot to bring the law and order situation under control, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them