RJD leader`s body recovered
Arwal: Eleven days after he went missing, a district RJD leader`s body was on Wednesday recovered from a well at a village in Arwal district of Bihar, a police officer said.
Body of district RJD leader Yogendra Manjhi was recovered from a well at Naranga village in the presence of police and sent for post-mortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajkishore Singh said.
Manjhi, who headed the district RJD`s EBC front, had gone missing from the village eleven days ago and his family members had lodged a complaint with Karpi police station alleging that he was kidnapped at the behest of the village head Seema Devi and her husband Bhola Sharma, Singh said.
An FIR has been lodged against seven persons and three persons, including the village head and a special police officer Pappu Kumar, were arrested in this connection, the DSP said.
An investigation was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar