`RJD-LJP not likely to contest RS polls in Bihar`
Patna: The RJD-LJP alliance may not put
up a candidate in the election on six Rajya Sabha seats from
Bihar due to shortage of required numbers to win even one
seat, LJP President Ramvilas Paswan said on Sunday.
"The entire opposition in the Bihar legislative
assembly have put together 28 MLAs that is not sufficient to
elect even one candidate in the ensuring polls for six Rajya
Sabha seats," he told reporters in reply to a question.
Under the circumstances, it was unlikely that the
RJD-LJP alliance will put up its candidate on the sixth Rajya
Sabha seat, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore