`RJD-LJP not likely to contest RS polls in Bihar`
Patna: The RJD-LJP alliance may not put
up a candidate in the election on six Rajya Sabha seats from
Bihar due to shortage of required numbers to win even one
seat, LJP President Ramvilas Paswan said on Sunday.
"The entire opposition in the Bihar legislative
assembly have put together 28 MLAs that is not sufficient to
elect even one candidate in the ensuring polls for six Rajya
Sabha seats," he told reporters in reply to a question.
Under the circumstances, it was unlikely that the
RJD-LJP alliance will put up its candidate on the sixth Rajya
Sabha seat, Paswan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'