`RJD-LJP not likely to contest RS polls in Bihar`
Patna: The RJD-LJP alliance may not put
up a candidate in the election on six Rajya Sabha seats from
Bihar due to shortage of required numbers to win even one
seat, LJP President Ramvilas Paswan said on Sunday.
"The entire opposition in the Bihar legislative
assembly have put together 28 MLAs that is not sufficient to
elect even one candidate in the ensuring polls for six Rajya
Sabha seats," he told reporters in reply to a question.
Under the circumstances, it was unlikely that the
RJD-LJP alliance will put up its candidate on the sixth Rajya
Sabha seat, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'