RJD MLA on dharna in Bihar, BJP lends support
Patna: A RJD legislator is on a indefinite sit in here for the second day on Tuesday demanding release of water in the canal system for irrigation and declaration of the state as drought-hit and BJP has lent support to him on the issue.
RJD MLA Dinesh Kumar Singh is sitting on dharna in front of Assembly main entrance for the past 27 hours in support of his demand.
The MLA, who represents Jagdishpur constituency in Bhojpur district, however, did not get support from his own party.
Asked to comment, he said "I do not mind ... Since the issue concerns farmers I have decided to fight for their rights whether someone comes with me or not."
Leader of Opposition in Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav of BJP accompanied by party legislators Usha Vidyarthi, Janak Singh and Binod Narayan Jha sat on dharna with the RJD MLA during the day.
Yadav told reporters that since the issue concerned farmers his party was extending moral support to the RJD MLA, who in turn thanked him.
In a scathing attack on the Jitan Ram Manjhi government, he said it was `insensitive` to the issues of comman man and demanded that it talk to the agitating RJD MLA and solve the problem of state.
Meanwhile, Manjhi today expressed annoyance over reports provided to him on shortfall of rains and drought-like situation.
He told reporters in Assembly premises that during a visit in interior area of Patna district yesterday he found the situation on the ground contradictory to what the officials told him.
"I have asked the district magistrate of Patna to prepare a fresh report on the subject and based on it suitable action will be taken," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'