RJD MLA on dharna in Bihar, BJP lends support
Patna: A RJD legislator is on a indefinite sit in here for the second day on Tuesday demanding release of water in the canal system for irrigation and declaration of the state as drought-hit and BJP has lent support to him on the issue.
RJD MLA Dinesh Kumar Singh is sitting on dharna in front of Assembly main entrance for the past 27 hours in support of his demand.
The MLA, who represents Jagdishpur constituency in Bhojpur district, however, did not get support from his own party.
Asked to comment, he said "I do not mind ... Since the issue concerns farmers I have decided to fight for their rights whether someone comes with me or not."
Leader of Opposition in Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav of BJP accompanied by party legislators Usha Vidyarthi, Janak Singh and Binod Narayan Jha sat on dharna with the RJD MLA during the day.
Yadav told reporters that since the issue concerned farmers his party was extending moral support to the RJD MLA, who in turn thanked him.
In a scathing attack on the Jitan Ram Manjhi government, he said it was `insensitive` to the issues of comman man and demanded that it talk to the agitating RJD MLA and solve the problem of state.
Meanwhile, Manjhi today expressed annoyance over reports provided to him on shortfall of rains and drought-like situation.
He told reporters in Assembly premises that during a visit in interior area of Patna district yesterday he found the situation on the ground contradictory to what the officials told him.
"I have asked the district magistrate of Patna to prepare a fresh report on the subject and based on it suitable action will be taken," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?