RJD MLA raises threatening call issue in Assembly
Patna: Raking up the issue of threatening
call received by him, RJD MLA Dinesh Prasad Singh on Tuesday created a flutter in Bihar assembly alleging that the state
police was "soft-pedalling" the case.
Raising the issue during zero-hour, Singh, MLA from
Jagdishpur in Bhojpur district, claimed that he had received a
call over his mobile threatening to eliminate him within next
48 hours and sought adequate security protection.
His party colleagues stood in their seat in support and
expressed serious concern over the matter.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who was present in the
House, soon intervened and said he was seized of the matter
and had directed the Director General of Police Neelmani to
get the matter thoroughly inquired into.
"The state government has taken serious note of the
complaint and will take whatever possible step required to be
taken in this connection+, he said.
Kumar rubbished the RJD MLA`s charge that the state
government was "soft" in its attitude towards handing the
complaint of opposition members while it took immediate step
to punish the caller in the case of the state Health Minister
"We don`t discriminate against anyone irrespective of
their stature.. everybody is equal in the eye of law," Kumar
Meanwhile, police has registered an FIR against an
unknown person in connection with the call.
"We have taken all-possible steps to identify the caller
and bring him to justice," Neelmani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor