RJD MLA raises threatening call issue in Assembly
Patna: Raking up the issue of threatening
call received by him, RJD MLA Dinesh Prasad Singh on Tuesday created a flutter in Bihar assembly alleging that the state
police was "soft-pedalling" the case.
Raising the issue during zero-hour, Singh, MLA from
Jagdishpur in Bhojpur district, claimed that he had received a
call over his mobile threatening to eliminate him within next
48 hours and sought adequate security protection.
His party colleagues stood in their seat in support and
expressed serious concern over the matter.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who was present in the
House, soon intervened and said he was seized of the matter
and had directed the Director General of Police Neelmani to
get the matter thoroughly inquired into.
"The state government has taken serious note of the
complaint and will take whatever possible step required to be
taken in this connection+, he said.
Kumar rubbished the RJD MLA`s charge that the state
government was "soft" in its attitude towards handing the
complaint of opposition members while it took immediate step
to punish the caller in the case of the state Health Minister
"We don`t discriminate against anyone irrespective of
their stature.. everybody is equal in the eye of law," Kumar
Meanwhile, police has registered an FIR against an
unknown person in connection with the call.
"We have taken all-possible steps to identify the caller
and bring him to justice," Neelmani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf