RJD MLA raises threatening call issue in Assembly
Patna: Raking up the issue of threatening
call received by him, RJD MLA Dinesh Prasad Singh on Tuesday created a flutter in Bihar assembly alleging that the state
police was "soft-pedalling" the case.
Raising the issue during zero-hour, Singh, MLA from
Jagdishpur in Bhojpur district, claimed that he had received a
call over his mobile threatening to eliminate him within next
48 hours and sought adequate security protection.
His party colleagues stood in their seat in support and
expressed serious concern over the matter.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who was present in the
House, soon intervened and said he was seized of the matter
and had directed the Director General of Police Neelmani to
get the matter thoroughly inquired into.
"The state government has taken serious note of the
complaint and will take whatever possible step required to be
taken in this connection+, he said.
Kumar rubbished the RJD MLA`s charge that the state
government was "soft" in its attitude towards handing the
complaint of opposition members while it took immediate step
to punish the caller in the case of the state Health Minister
"We don`t discriminate against anyone irrespective of
their stature.. everybody is equal in the eye of law," Kumar
Meanwhile, police has registered an FIR against an
unknown person in connection with the call.
"We have taken all-possible steps to identify the caller
and bring him to justice," Neelmani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble