RJD MLAs protest outside assembly over power crisis
Patna: Chief opposition RJD`s MLAs on Tuesday
staged a demonstration outside the state assembly demanding
immediate steps to ensure uninterrupted power supply.
They raised anti-government slogans alleging that the
severe power crisis and drinking water shortage had gripped
district towns creating law and order problem.
"Government must take immediate steps to ensure
uninterrupted power supply," the opposition demanded.
Meanwhile, both ruling NDA and opposition members had
urged the state government to ensure uninterrupted power
supply across the state to help cricket fans, even in remote
areas, watch tomorrow`s World Cup match in Mohali.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had justified the protests
over the power problem and held the Centre responsible for
He, however, appealed to the people not to indulge in
arson and violence as it would not resolve the ongoing
power crisis in the state. The state government is alive to
the situation but unable to cope up with it because of short
supply of power from the central sector, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur