RJD MLAs walk out to protest `sermon` by minister
Patna: RJD MLAs, led by the Leader of
Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique, on Monday staged a walk-out from
the Assembly after describing the Health minister Ashwini
Kumar Chaube`s speech as `sermon`.
`Aap pravachan mein Baba Ramdev ki kami puri kar rahe
hain.... hum chalte hai (you are giving sermon on the lines of
Baba Ramdev... we are staging walk out)`, Siddique said in the
assembly before leading the RJD members in staging walk-out
from the house.
The RJD leaders were apparently cut up with the Health
minister for quoting religious scriptures and taking the name
of Swami Vivekanand repeatedly to put forth his vision for
health services in Bihar.
Chaube later said that the RJD leaders were nursing a
grievance against him as he had visited the villages during
the health awareness yatra recently to apprise the people
about improvement in health services so much so that the RJD
will not get more than 15-20 seats in the next Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Celine Dion named husband's administrator
- Madonna pays tribute to Prince at Billboard Music Awards
- CBI likely to grill ex-Haryana CM Hooda in HUDA land scam
- High alert across LoC after terror attacks in Srinagar, manhunt on for Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants
- ISRO's RLV-TD launch: Why it matters to India!