RJD MLAs walk out to protest `sermon` by minister
Patna: RJD MLAs, led by the Leader of
Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique, on Monday staged a walk-out from
the Assembly after describing the Health minister Ashwini
Kumar Chaube`s speech as `sermon`.
`Aap pravachan mein Baba Ramdev ki kami puri kar rahe
hain.... hum chalte hai (you are giving sermon on the lines of
Baba Ramdev... we are staging walk out)`, Siddique said in the
assembly before leading the RJD members in staging walk-out
from the house.
The RJD leaders were apparently cut up with the Health
minister for quoting religious scriptures and taking the name
of Swami Vivekanand repeatedly to put forth his vision for
health services in Bihar.
Chaube later said that the RJD leaders were nursing a
grievance against him as he had visited the villages during
the health awareness yatra recently to apprise the people
about improvement in health services so much so that the RJD
will not get more than 15-20 seats in the next Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert