RJD MLC dead in Bihar
Patna: RJD Legislative Council member Ramchandra Prasad died Wednesday at a hospital at Bengaluru after prolonged illness, party sources said.
Prasad(72) is survived by his wife, a son and four daughters.
Prasad, who was born at Pajana village of Mokama sub-division of Patna district in 1940, was chief whip of RJD in the state Legislative Council.
He was not keeping well and was in Bengaluru for treatment for past some months.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed profound grief over death of Prasad and said he had deep interest in social and political activities and always worked for the uplift of the downtrodden.
Kumar also announced that he would be cremated with full state honours.
His body would be taken to Biharsharif tomorrow, his son said.
RJD President Lalu Prasad condoled death of Prasad saying the party has lost a committed worker.
RJD MPs Premchand Gupta and Ramkripal Yadav, state JD(u) MLC and spokesman Neeraj Kumar also expressed sorrow at Prasad`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls