RJD MLC dead in Bihar
Patna: RJD Legislative Council member Ramchandra Prasad died Wednesday at a hospital at Bengaluru after prolonged illness, party sources said.
Prasad(72) is survived by his wife, a son and four daughters.
Prasad, who was born at Pajana village of Mokama sub-division of Patna district in 1940, was chief whip of RJD in the state Legislative Council.
He was not keeping well and was in Bengaluru for treatment for past some months.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed profound grief over death of Prasad and said he had deep interest in social and political activities and always worked for the uplift of the downtrodden.
Kumar also announced that he would be cremated with full state honours.
His body would be taken to Biharsharif tomorrow, his son said.
RJD President Lalu Prasad condoled death of Prasad saying the party has lost a committed worker.
RJD MPs Premchand Gupta and Ramkripal Yadav, state JD(u) MLC and spokesman Neeraj Kumar also expressed sorrow at Prasad`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information