RJD MLC dead in Bihar
Patna: RJD Legislative Council member Ramchandra Prasad died Wednesday at a hospital at Bengaluru after prolonged illness, party sources said.
Prasad(72) is survived by his wife, a son and four daughters.
Prasad, who was born at Pajana village of Mokama sub-division of Patna district in 1940, was chief whip of RJD in the state Legislative Council.
He was not keeping well and was in Bengaluru for treatment for past some months.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has expressed profound grief over death of Prasad and said he had deep interest in social and political activities and always worked for the uplift of the downtrodden.
Kumar also announced that he would be cremated with full state honours.
His body would be taken to Biharsharif tomorrow, his son said.
RJD President Lalu Prasad condoled death of Prasad saying the party has lost a committed worker.
RJD MPs Premchand Gupta and Ramkripal Yadav, state JD(u) MLC and spokesman Neeraj Kumar also expressed sorrow at Prasad`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test