RJD not to press for Ramkripal`s disqualification as MP
Patna: RJD will not press for disqualification of its Rajya Sabha MP Ramkirpal Yadav from the Upper House of the Parliament after he "deserted" the party on being denied a ticket from the Pataliputra Lok Sabha seat.
"I will not press for (Ramkirpal) Yadav`s disqualification as Rajya Sabha MP and I continue to wish him and his family good luck in life despite his desertion," RJD supremo Lalu Prasad told reporters on Sunday.
Prasad said he would also not take any action against the disgruntled Rajya Sabha MP for questioning the party`s decision to give a ticket to Misa Bharti from Pataliputra Lok Sabha seat in the ensuing general elections.
"I have learnt from media reports that Yadav has decided to quit all posts in the RJD after announcement of Bharati`s candidature from Pataliputra Lok Sabha seat and the matter should rest there," the RJD supremo said.
Defending his decision to give a ticket to his eldest daughter from Pataliputra, a seat that Ramkripal Yadav had held for three terms, Prasad said, he was authorised by the party to take all decisions in its interest and he did exactly that by giving a ticket to Bharti.
He said his daughter did her best to mollify Yadav and also went to his Delhi residence two days ago, but all her efforts went in vain as the latter did not meet her.
Bharti, though miffed with Yadav for not extending basic courtesy to her, maintained she was hopeful that the disgruntled RJD MP would campaign for her and ensure her victory at the hustings.
"I am still hopeful that Ramkripal Uncle will campaign for me in the elections," she told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!