RJD seeks HRD minister`s resignation
Patna: The opposition RJD on Wednesday staged a noisy walkout in Bihar Assembly demanding resignation of state Human Resources Development minister PK Shahi over an allegedly adverse comment made by Patna High Court in a case relating to allocation of coal to a private company.
The matter relates to when Shahi was the advocate general of the state. He was made the HRD minister in the second term of Nitish Kumar government in 2010.
RJD MLA Bhai Birendra had sought an adjournment motion on the issue in the house which was rejected by Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary. Following it, the RJD legislators trooped into well of the House and staged a walk out.
The RJD MLA in the notice for adjournment had alleged that Shahi as advocate general of the state had `misused` his position and given `contradictory` advice to the government over coal allocation to Kolkata-based Adhunik Metalliks Ltd.
Patna High Court had made adverse comments on Shahi on his role in the issue while hearing the case in 2010 and also recently while hearing LPA on the same subject, it said.
Shahi was not present in the house at the time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case