RJD seeks HRD minister`s resignation
Patna: The opposition RJD on Wednesday staged a noisy walkout in Bihar Assembly demanding resignation of state Human Resources Development minister PK Shahi over an allegedly adverse comment made by Patna High Court in a case relating to allocation of coal to a private company.
The matter relates to when Shahi was the advocate general of the state. He was made the HRD minister in the second term of Nitish Kumar government in 2010.
RJD MLA Bhai Birendra had sought an adjournment motion on the issue in the house which was rejected by Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary. Following it, the RJD legislators trooped into well of the House and staged a walk out.
The RJD MLA in the notice for adjournment had alleged that Shahi as advocate general of the state had `misused` his position and given `contradictory` advice to the government over coal allocation to Kolkata-based Adhunik Metalliks Ltd.
Patna High Court had made adverse comments on Shahi on his role in the issue while hearing the case in 2010 and also recently while hearing LPA on the same subject, it said.
Shahi was not present in the house at the time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das