RJD seeks HRD minister`s resignation
Patna: The opposition RJD on Wednesday staged a noisy walkout in Bihar Assembly demanding resignation of state Human Resources Development minister PK Shahi over an allegedly adverse comment made by Patna High Court in a case relating to allocation of coal to a private company.
The matter relates to when Shahi was the advocate general of the state. He was made the HRD minister in the second term of Nitish Kumar government in 2010.
RJD MLA Bhai Birendra had sought an adjournment motion on the issue in the house which was rejected by Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary. Following it, the RJD legislators trooped into well of the House and staged a walk out.
The RJD MLA in the notice for adjournment had alleged that Shahi as advocate general of the state had `misused` his position and given `contradictory` advice to the government over coal allocation to Kolkata-based Adhunik Metalliks Ltd.
Patna High Court had made adverse comments on Shahi on his role in the issue while hearing the case in 2010 and also recently while hearing LPA on the same subject, it said.
Shahi was not present in the house at the time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you