RJD slams Nitish for statement against Centre
Patna: Opposition RJD on Saturday criticised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his statement charging the Centre of being a "stumbling block" to industrial growth of the state.
Kumar had gone on record saying that the Centre had
prevented Bihar from executing investment proposals worth over
Rs one lakh crore in power and ethanol sectors by not
providing coal linkage and denying lifting of restrictions on
ethanol production from sugarcane juice.
"It is a wrong assessment and wrong perception of the
Chief Minister. Production of ethanol may severely hamper the
agricultural production in Bihar," RJD MP Jagdanand Singh told
"Ethanol may come in handy in production of bio-fuel but
it will adversely affect the agrarian sector," he said, adding
that the Opposition was ready for a debate on the issue.
He charged Kumar of making "deliberate attempts" to
deflect people`s attention to other issues following the
"state government`s failure to ensure industrial expansion in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'