RJD supports agitation of law graduates in Bihar
Patna: State RJD Chief Ramchandra Purve
on Saturday came out in open support of the indefinite fast launched
by the students of Chanakaya National Law University here and
said his party would soon meet Governor Devanand Konwar
seeking his intervention to ensure their placement.
Talking to reporters here, Purve said the university
was set up by Nitish Kumar Government with the objective of
providing quality law teaching and ensure cent per cent
placement of law graduate.
"It is now a fact that not a single corporate house has
come forward as yet and showed interest in recruiting the
graduates," he said.
The 5th year students of the Law University have been on
fast since April 18 to press for their early placement but
neither the institution nor Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had
taken steps to that end, he said.
The students were studying taking education loan of Rs 10
to Rs12 lakh, the authorities had so far failed to arrange
jobs for them, Purve said.
He said the RJD leaders would soon meet the governor
seeking his immediate intervention in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions