RJD supports agitation of law graduates in Bihar
Patna: State RJD Chief Ramchandra Purve
on Saturday came out in open support of the indefinite fast launched
by the students of Chanakaya National Law University here and
said his party would soon meet Governor Devanand Konwar
seeking his intervention to ensure their placement.
Talking to reporters here, Purve said the university
was set up by Nitish Kumar Government with the objective of
providing quality law teaching and ensure cent per cent
placement of law graduate.
"It is now a fact that not a single corporate house has
come forward as yet and showed interest in recruiting the
graduates," he said.
The 5th year students of the Law University have been on
fast since April 18 to press for their early placement but
neither the institution nor Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had
taken steps to that end, he said.
The students were studying taking education loan of Rs 10
to Rs12 lakh, the authorities had so far failed to arrange
jobs for them, Purve said.
He said the RJD leaders would soon meet the governor
seeking his immediate intervention in the matter.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why