RJD talks tough with Congress on seat sharing
Patna: Even before any formal announcement of a pre-poll alliance between the Congress, RJD and LJP in Bihar for the 2014 general elections, problems have started cropping up regarding seat sharing among parties.
A senior RJD leader on Monday snubbing the "inflated" claims by parties, said they should come out with the names of their candidates first and only then it would be decided whether those candidates have any potential to win or not.
"Come out with the name of your `pahelwan` (potential candidate) for the the seat you claim, then only based on a real assessment, the seat will be given to a particular party," RJD vice-president Raghubansh Prasad Singh told reporters here.
"This time it will not be like a seat is allocated and then you start looking for a candidate... One has to come out with a name, and then only a claim on any seat will be entertained," Singh, a RJD MP from Vaishali, said, adding the criteria was applicable for all possible alliance partners.
In the 2009 elections, when the LJP fought the elections with RJD minus the Congress, it was given 12 seats. But, none of the LJP nominees including its president Ramvilas Paswan, could romp home.
Though there is no official word on seat allocations, among secular alliance partners, there has been reports of growing unrest among parties other than RJD.
Talking tough, Singh said, "We cannot accept anyone as candidate among alliance partners as the coming elections is crucial to check communal forces led by Narendra Modi."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark