RJD to continue supporting Congress: Rabri Devi
Patna: RJD leader Rabri Devi on Monday had a word of comfort for Congress, under criticism over the severe drubbing in elections in four states, saying win and loss are part of politics and pledged to continue her party`s support to the UPA.
"Win and loss are part of politics," she told reporters in her reaction over assembly elections results in four states where Congress fared badly.
"There is no need for Congress to get demoralised," said Rabri, who is leading RJD in the absence of jailed husband Lalu Prasad.
She said RJD will continue to support Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
The RJD leader who is touring Bihar as part of party`s "Parivartan yatra" said the Delhi results show that there is no wave of Narendra Modi in the country.
RJD`s support is encouraging for Congress facing widespread criticism for crushing defeat in Rajasthan, Delhi, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections.
RJD, which is in alliance with LJP of Ramvilas Paswan, has already extended support to Congress to join them to defeat communal forces.
But Congress seems to be in dilemma in choosing between RJD and JD(U) of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak