RJD to continue supporting Congress: Rabri Devi
Patna: RJD leader Rabri Devi on Monday had a word of comfort for Congress, under criticism over the severe drubbing in elections in four states, saying win and loss are part of politics and pledged to continue her party`s support to the UPA.
"Win and loss are part of politics," she told reporters in her reaction over assembly elections results in four states where Congress fared badly.
"There is no need for Congress to get demoralised," said Rabri, who is leading RJD in the absence of jailed husband Lalu Prasad.
She said RJD will continue to support Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
The RJD leader who is touring Bihar as part of party`s "Parivartan yatra" said the Delhi results show that there is no wave of Narendra Modi in the country.
RJD`s support is encouraging for Congress facing widespread criticism for crushing defeat in Rajasthan, Delhi, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections.
RJD, which is in alliance with LJP of Ramvilas Paswan, has already extended support to Congress to join them to defeat communal forces.
But Congress seems to be in dilemma in choosing between RJD and JD(U) of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened