RJD to continue supporting Congress: Rabri Devi
Patna: RJD leader Rabri Devi on Monday had a word of comfort for Congress, under criticism over the severe drubbing in elections in four states, saying win and loss are part of politics and pledged to continue her party`s support to the UPA.
"Win and loss are part of politics," she told reporters in her reaction over assembly elections results in four states where Congress fared badly.
"There is no need for Congress to get demoralised," said Rabri, who is leading RJD in the absence of jailed husband Lalu Prasad.
She said RJD will continue to support Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
The RJD leader who is touring Bihar as part of party`s "Parivartan yatra" said the Delhi results show that there is no wave of Narendra Modi in the country.
RJD`s support is encouraging for Congress facing widespread criticism for crushing defeat in Rajasthan, Delhi, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections.
RJD, which is in alliance with LJP of Ramvilas Paswan, has already extended support to Congress to join them to defeat communal forces.
But Congress seems to be in dilemma in choosing between RJD and JD(U) of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory