RJD trashes NDA government`s report card
Patna: The RJD Sunday alleged that the NDA
government`s final report card on its performance is a "bundle
of lies" and accused the Nitish Kumar government of failing on
"The NDA government`s report card, released with much
fanfare by the chief minister two days ago, was a bundle of
lies and a piece of jugglery on paper which cost the public
exchequer a fortune," state unit RJD president Abdul Bari
Siddiqui told reporters here.
The RJD leader also released its own report card of
the NDA government`s performance claiming that during their
nearly five years of rule, they have committed `treachery`
with the people and delivered nothing worthwhile despite
making tall promises at the time of 2005 elections.
On the chief minister`s statement of an improved law
and order situation being acknowledged by even his
adversaries, Siddiqui claimed that the crime rate in the state
has increased in terms of numbers and was higher that the
figures of the said `jungle raj` of the RJD rule for 15 years.
"There is a massive corruption in the implementation
of various welfare schemes like MNREGA, SSA, Indira Avas and
development programmes presided over by the chief minister and
his cohorts," Siddiqui said.
On chief minister`s sops for the minority community,
the RJD leader said the NDA government has only given sops to
Muslims and failed to implement various schemes for their
The RJD will soon bring out a chargesheet against the
Nitish government on the promises made for the Muslims five
years ago and its failure to deliver the same, he said.
The RJD leader further lashed out at Kumar for
"splurging public money on self-glorification through
advertisements in the media" and said that the RJD-LJP combine
will probe the wasteful expenses on publicity if it returned
to power at the hustings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds