RJD`s representation to women in its office bearers list
Patna: Eleven women found their names in the
list of 181 office bearers released by the Rashtriya Janata
Dal (RJD) here on Thursday.
While the RJD has nominated Prema Choudhary as among 21
vice-presidents, three women -- Kiran Devi, Yogmaya Mandal
and Seva Yadav -- made it to the list of 73 general
secretaries, according to the list of newly appointed
office bearers released by the party`s Chief General Secretary
Ram Kripal Yadav at a press conference here.
Seven women -- M.S. Gandha, Nutan Paswan, Kalawati Devi,
Prabhawati Devi, Hiramani Tanti, Reshmi Yadav Pal and Mumtaz
Jahan-- were in the list of 78 secretaries.
Yadav, however, defended the representation of women in
the bearers list saying, "The party has accomodated all
sections of the society and a balance has been sought to be
ensured in terms of the regional and caste-based
representation ahead of the forthcoming assembly polls.
In reply to a question on the inadequate representation
of women, the senior RJD leader did not give a direct reply.
The issue, he said, would be dealt with during the
distribution of tickets for the assembly polls.
Party chief Lalu Prasad has convened an urgent meeting of
the office bearers on June 5 next on the occasion of Sampurna
Kranti Diwas to chalk out its political programmes and
electoral strategies for electoral victory in the assemby
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?