RJD`s representation to women in its office bearers list
Patna: Eleven women found their names in the
list of 181 office bearers released by the Rashtriya Janata
Dal (RJD) here on Thursday.
While the RJD has nominated Prema Choudhary as among 21
vice-presidents, three women -- Kiran Devi, Yogmaya Mandal
and Seva Yadav -- made it to the list of 73 general
secretaries, according to the list of newly appointed
office bearers released by the party`s Chief General Secretary
Ram Kripal Yadav at a press conference here.
Seven women -- M.S. Gandha, Nutan Paswan, Kalawati Devi,
Prabhawati Devi, Hiramani Tanti, Reshmi Yadav Pal and Mumtaz
Jahan-- were in the list of 78 secretaries.
Yadav, however, defended the representation of women in
the bearers list saying, "The party has accommodated all
sections of the society and a balance has been sought to be
ensured in terms of the regional and caste-based
representation ahead of the forthcoming assembly polls.
In reply to a question on the inadequate representation
of women, the senior RJD leader did not give a direct reply.
The issue, he said, would be dealt with during the
distribution of tickets for the assembly polls.
Party chief Lalu Prasad has convened an urgent meeting of
the office bearers on June 5 next on the occasion of Sampurna
Kranti Diwas to chalk out its political programmes and
electoral strategies for electoral victory in the assemby
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India