RJD`s representation to women in its office bearers list
Patna: Eleven women found their names in the
list of 181 office bearers released by the Rashtriya Janata
Dal (RJD) here on Thursday.
While the RJD has nominated Prema Choudhary as among 21
vice-presidents, three women -- Kiran Devi, Yogmaya Mandal
and Seva Yadav -- made it to the list of 73 general
secretaries, according to the list of newly appointed
office bearers released by the party`s Chief General Secretary
Ram Kripal Yadav at a press conference here.
Seven women -- M.S. Gandha, Nutan Paswan, Kalawati Devi,
Prabhawati Devi, Hiramani Tanti, Reshmi Yadav Pal and Mumtaz
Jahan-- were in the list of 78 secretaries.
Yadav, however, defended the representation of women in
the bearers list saying, "The party has accommodated all
sections of the society and a balance has been sought to be
ensured in terms of the regional and caste-based
representation ahead of the forthcoming assembly polls.
In reply to a question on the inadequate representation
of women, the senior RJD leader did not give a direct reply.
The issue, he said, would be dealt with during the
distribution of tickets for the assembly polls.
Party chief Lalu Prasad has convened an urgent meeting of
the office bearers on June 5 next on the occasion of Sampurna
Kranti Diwas to chalk out its political programmes and
electoral strategies for electoral victory in the assemby
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read