Road maintenance policy for Bihar soon: Sushil Modi
Patna: A Road Maintenance policy will be ready for construction of new roads and upkeep of existing ones in Bihar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday.
The NDA government in Bihar has been giving top priority to construction of roads and has declared 4,857 km as state highways. Work is in progress on a 387 km stretch.
The state government claims that except for Kisanganj, road journey from any district headquarters to capital Patna could be made within six hours.
At a function here, Modi said the state government has also been making sincere efforts to augment power availability in the state.
The state electricity board has been split into five companies to speed up generation, transmission and distribution process, he said.
Effective arrangements were being made to check power theft, he said.
Modi, who holds Finance portfolio, said process for formulation of annual budget for the state was on. He said while finalising the budget the state has to keep in mind what percentage the Centre was providing to the state in central taxes.
He said special arrangements would be made for computer education for women, sports policy and strengthening of panchayti raj institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location