Road maintenance policy for Bihar soon: Sushil Modi
Patna: A Road Maintenance policy will be ready for construction of new roads and upkeep of existing ones in Bihar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday.
The NDA government in Bihar has been giving top priority to construction of roads and has declared 4,857 km as state highways. Work is in progress on a 387 km stretch.
The state government claims that except for Kisanganj, road journey from any district headquarters to capital Patna could be made within six hours.
At a function here, Modi said the state government has also been making sincere efforts to augment power availability in the state.
The state electricity board has been split into five companies to speed up generation, transmission and distribution process, he said.
Effective arrangements were being made to check power theft, he said.
Modi, who holds Finance portfolio, said process for formulation of annual budget for the state was on. He said while finalising the budget the state has to keep in mind what percentage the Centre was providing to the state in central taxes.
He said special arrangements would be made for computer education for women, sports policy and strengthening of panchayti raj institutions.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday