Road maintenance policy for Bihar soon: Sushil Modi
Patna: A Road Maintenance policy will be ready for construction of new roads and upkeep of existing ones in Bihar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday.
The NDA government in Bihar has been giving top priority to construction of roads and has declared 4,857 km as state highways. Work is in progress on a 387 km stretch.
The state government claims that except for Kisanganj, road journey from any district headquarters to capital Patna could be made within six hours.
At a function here, Modi said the state government has also been making sincere efforts to augment power availability in the state.
The state electricity board has been split into five companies to speed up generation, transmission and distribution process, he said.
Effective arrangements were being made to check power theft, he said.
Modi, who holds Finance portfolio, said process for formulation of annual budget for the state was on. He said while finalising the budget the state has to keep in mind what percentage the Centre was providing to the state in central taxes.
He said special arrangements would be made for computer education for women, sports policy and strengthening of panchayti raj institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final