Road maintenance policy for Bihar soon: Sushil Modi
Patna: A Road Maintenance policy will be ready for construction of new roads and upkeep of existing ones in Bihar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday.
The NDA government in Bihar has been giving top priority to construction of roads and has declared 4,857 km as state highways. Work is in progress on a 387 km stretch.
The state government claims that except for Kisanganj, road journey from any district headquarters to capital Patna could be made within six hours.
At a function here, Modi said the state government has also been making sincere efforts to augment power availability in the state.
The state electricity board has been split into five companies to speed up generation, transmission and distribution process, he said.
Effective arrangements were being made to check power theft, he said.
Modi, who holds Finance portfolio, said process for formulation of annual budget for the state was on. He said while finalising the budget the state has to keep in mind what percentage the Centre was providing to the state in central taxes.
He said special arrangements would be made for computer education for women, sports policy and strengthening of panchayti raj institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what