Robbers kill bank official, loot cash van in Bihar
Patna: Armed robbers on Tuesday shot dead a bank official, injured two security guards and looted over Rs 25 lakh from a cash van of a nationalised bank in Bihar`s Sitamarhi district, police said.
A district police official said six motorcycle-borne robbers stopped the cash van at gun point at a village under the Riga police station, shooting at and injuring the branch manager and two security guards of local Punjab National Bank branch, before fleeing with the money.
"The branch manager was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead," a police official said.
Police have lodged a case and begun investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'