Robbers kill one, injure four others in a train in Bihar
Patna: Armed robbers shot dead a man and injured four others before looting cash and valuables from passengers of a train between Hathidah and Rampur Dumra railway stations in Bihar`s Patna district.
East Central Railway Chief Public Relation Officer Arvind Kumar Rajak said today six armed robbers entered a coach of Gorakhpur-Hatia Maurya Express at Hathidah station at around midnight last night and shot at some passengers and killed one of them for putting up resistance.
The robbers also injured four others before jumping out of the train at the outer signal of Dumra with their booty, he said.
An FIR has been lodged by the passengers at Barahiya railway station and a probe has begun, Rajak said.
The body of the passenger has been sent for post-mortem and the injured have been admitted to hospital, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months