Robbers kill one, injure four others in a train in Bihar
Patna: Armed robbers shot dead a man and injured four others before looting cash and valuables from passengers of a train between Hathidah and Rampur Dumra railway stations in Bihar`s Patna district.
East Central Railway Chief Public Relation Officer Arvind Kumar Rajak said today six armed robbers entered a coach of Gorakhpur-Hatia Maurya Express at Hathidah station at around midnight last night and shot at some passengers and killed one of them for putting up resistance.
The robbers also injured four others before jumping out of the train at the outer signal of Dumra with their booty, he said.
An FIR has been lodged by the passengers at Barahiya railway station and a probe has begun, Rajak said.
The body of the passenger has been sent for post-mortem and the injured have been admitted to hospital, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror