Robbers kill one, injure four others in a train in Bihar
Patna: Armed robbers shot dead a man and injured four others before looting cash and valuables from passengers of a train between Hathidah and Rampur Dumra railway stations in Bihar`s Patna district.
East Central Railway Chief Public Relation Officer Arvind Kumar Rajak said today six armed robbers entered a coach of Gorakhpur-Hatia Maurya Express at Hathidah station at around midnight last night and shot at some passengers and killed one of them for putting up resistance.
The robbers also injured four others before jumping out of the train at the outer signal of Dumra with their booty, he said.
An FIR has been lodged by the passengers at Barahiya railway station and a probe has begun, Rajak said.
The body of the passenger has been sent for post-mortem and the injured have been admitted to hospital, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”