Rs 1.20 cr looted from bank cash van in Bihar
Chapra: Armed robbers on Wednesday looted Rs 1.20 crore from a cash van of a nationalised bank and injured two guards on National Highway 101 under Baniapur police station in Saran district.
DIG (Saran range) Vinod Kumar said over a dozen motorcycle-borne robbers stopped the cash van at gun point near Hansrajpur village and shot at and injured two security guards of the van.
They then looted Rs 1.20 crore and fled from the spot, about 25 kms from the district headquarters.
The van was carrying cash from the bank`s main branch at Chapra to its Janata Bazar branch in the district, Kumar said.
The injured guards have been admitted to a hospital. Roads in nearby areas were sealed and raids were being carried out to nab the robbers and recover the cash, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?