Rs 1.20 cr looted from bank cash van in Bihar
Chapra: Armed robbers on Wednesday looted Rs 1.20 crore from a cash van of a nationalised bank and injured two guards on National Highway 101 under Baniapur police station in Saran district.
DIG (Saran range) Vinod Kumar said over a dozen motorcycle-borne robbers stopped the cash van at gun point near Hansrajpur village and shot at and injured two security guards of the van.
They then looted Rs 1.20 crore and fled from the spot, about 25 kms from the district headquarters.
The van was carrying cash from the bank`s main branch at Chapra to its Janata Bazar branch in the district, Kumar said.
The injured guards have been admitted to a hospital. Roads in nearby areas were sealed and raids were being carried out to nab the robbers and recover the cash, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt