Rs 1.20 cr looted from bank cash van in Bihar
Chapra: Armed robbers on Wednesday looted Rs 1.20 crore from a cash van of a nationalised bank and injured two guards on National Highway 101 under Baniapur police station in Saran district.
DIG (Saran range) Vinod Kumar said over a dozen motorcycle-borne robbers stopped the cash van at gun point near Hansrajpur village and shot at and injured two security guards of the van.
They then looted Rs 1.20 crore and fled from the spot, about 25 kms from the district headquarters.
The van was carrying cash from the bank`s main branch at Chapra to its Janata Bazar branch in the district, Kumar said.
The injured guards have been admitted to a hospital. Roads in nearby areas were sealed and raids were being carried out to nab the robbers and recover the cash, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai