Rs 1.20 cr looted from bank cash van in Bihar
Chapra: Armed robbers on Wednesday looted Rs 1.20 crore from a cash van of a nationalised bank and injured two guards on National Highway 101 under Baniapur police station in Saran district.
DIG (Saran range) Vinod Kumar said over a dozen motorcycle-borne robbers stopped the cash van at gun point near Hansrajpur village and shot at and injured two security guards of the van.
They then looted Rs 1.20 crore and fled from the spot, about 25 kms from the district headquarters.
The van was carrying cash from the bank`s main branch at Chapra to its Janata Bazar branch in the district, Kumar said.
The injured guards have been admitted to a hospital. Roads in nearby areas were sealed and raids were being carried out to nab the robbers and recover the cash, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics